Job Title: Sales Consultant
Location: Denver (hybrid schedule)
Type: Full Time
*Although this is a full lifecycle Account Executive role, internally we use the title “Sales Consultant” to show our value from a client-facing perspective
zLinq is a dynamic and fun environment that offers an opportunity to build something cool, do it right and have fun while doing it. We exist to transform the experience of telecom in a way that puts a smile on the faces of our clients, employees and investors. When you think about it, almost everything we do today is running over the telecommunications infrastructure – phone calls, text, email, mobile apps, IM, looking something up in a database. It is the circulatory system for the flow of information within a company and around the globe.
Today’s telecom landscape is comprised of Connectivity, Cloud, Collaboration and Anything-as-a-Service, the sector is undergoing massive technology changes and seismic shifts in the industry leader landscape. It’s a vast industry that accounts for 30% of IT spend in the US and costs enterprises as much as 4% of their revenues every year. Telecom is poised for change and transformation in an unprecedented way and zLinq plans to play a major part. Our name comes from a reference to the ‘last mile’ – the last stretch of wire or wireless access that in today’s super connected world links the end user to everything important..
We are hiring a results-oriented Account Executive with one year of cold outreach pipeline generation experience to:
- Develop a sales pipeline using a proven methodology of hyper personalization through cold calls, emails, mailers and LinkedIn touches.
- Network within a vertical to build relationships and expertise.
- Support opportunities through a well-defined sales cycle, learning to navigate enterprise organizations with the extensive support of the sales leadership team.
- Manage a funnel of opportunities towards achievement of quota.
- Transition singed service agreements to our Customer Success team who provides the managed service offering.
*Please note that this is a full lifecycle Account Executive role, but that internally we use the title “Sales Consultant” to show our value from a client-facing perspective.
We spent a lot of time netting out our values to these three simple concepts:
- Get Results (we are a startup, so we are very result oriented)
- Build Trust (getting results the right way to build long lasting relationships)
- Have Fun (we spend a huge part of our life at work, so having fun is a must)
Our values are the main driver behind everything we do and its working! Our employees love being here, employee engagement is one of the core metrics we focus on – the Gallup poll we took showed we are in the top 1% of employee engagement among 1000s of companies in the US. To top it all off, we were voted the #1 Best Place to Work in Denver for the small business category.
We know that happy employees make happy customers, our clients love working with us – we have an NPS score of 81, by comparison the overall telecom industry sits at a dismal NPS score of only 27 which is exactly what we are here to fix. We began measuring these metrics for the first time in 2019 and will use them as benchmarks to continue improving. We also use Emergenetics profiling for every employee that greatly improves our communications inside and outside the company.
zLinq’s sales organization is a tight-knit and growing team, looking to expand and add individuals with diverse backgrounds. Our goal is to build a strong pipeline that results in a predictable and reliable revenue stream.
- BS/BA and one year of relevant professional sales experience required
- Results driven & competitive nature with a natural desire to be in a hunter role
- Metric driven pipeline generation and cold calling experience required
- Proven success in setting appointments in a business-to-business environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with internal and external clients
- Creative edge used for hyper-personalization and relationship building
- Outstanding time management skills with strong follow through and the ability to self-manage
- Experience with business software including Microsoft office and a relevant sales CRM
- Ability to learn and understand new products, technology and software
- Commitment to learn enterprise level sales skills using a proven methodology
THE BENEFITS AND PERKS
We genuinely believe that work has to be rewarding, fulfilling, fun and interesting. Here are some things we offer:
- Flexible Vacation (within guidelines and with manager approval)
- Medical, dental and vision
- Stock options
- Flexible spending account (FSA) and Heath savings account (HSA)
- Family and medical leave (FMLA)
- Life insurance, long/short term disability
- Educational assistance program
- Employee assistance program
- Insperity and Skillsoft online training
THE AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
We work hard at what we do and it feels good to be recognized for our dedication.
zLinq has received the following awards and recognition:
- #1 Best Place to Work (small business category: Denver Business Journal
- Inc 2020 Best Places to Work Honoree
- Gold Stevie Winner: Company of the Year – Telecommunications – Small
- Bronze Stevie Winner: Best Technical Support Strategy
Per Colorado pay equity posting requirements, the compensation for the Sales Consultant role is between $50K and $60K, depending on the candidate experience level. The role also has a potential $35K to $40K variable component, based on quota attainment.